How To Turn On WiFi On Your LG Smart TV (2023) Step-by-Step Easy Guide: LG TVs are undoubtedly among the best smart TVs because of their image quality and OLED display. It supports a large variety of streaming devices and video streaming services. To view online channels, you must be linked to a WiFi network. However, intelligent TV users at LG mainly claimed that their LG TV WiFi had been turned off.
This problem increases when your LG TV reports that WiFi is turned off. This article will show you how to fix the LG TV WiFi turn-off problem on your LG smart TV. To learn more, please read the whole article.
How To Turn On WiFi On Your LG Smart TV With Remote
By following these few steps, you can quickly turn on your WiFi:
- Hold your remote l and turn on your LG TV. Press the “Home” button.
- You will find this button in the center of the remote.
- On the top right of your screen, click the “Settings” button.
- Click “Connection” and then “WiFi Connection” on the left side of your screen.
- A list of different functions will show you. From the list, select your preferred wireless connection and enter your password.
- Make sure your LG Smart TV is connected to the internet.
How To Turn On LG TV To WiFi Without Remote: A Step-by-step Method
If you lost your remote but want to turn on WiFi, this step-by-step method will guide you on how to turn on WiFi on your LG smart TV without a remote.
Use a USB Mouse To Connect To WiFi on an LG Smart TV:
You’ll need to plug in a USB mouse to connect your LG TV to WiFi without a remote. Locate the USB port on your TV, plug in the mouse, and press the small button beneath the TV’s logo. Toggle to Input, and then connect your mouse.
Now that your mouse is plugged in and your LG TV is set to input mode, you can use it to connect the TV to WiFi.
- Choose “Live TV” and wait for the menu to close.
- Move the mouse cursor to the right side of the screen and click “Recommended.”
- Then a message shows you “Network Disconnected.” Select “Yes.”
- Enter your WiFi network information in the network settings menu to log in.
Do You Know? You can use your smartphone as a remote after connecting your LG Smart TV to WiFi.
- First, ensure your TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi.
- They cannot sync properly if connected to the same network!
- Next, depending on your device, download the “Smartify – LG TV Remote” app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- When you open the app after installing it, you’ll see a notification that says, “Smartify would like to find and connect to devices on your local network.” Select “OK.”
- After selecting OK, Your phone should be completely connected to your television and will function as a remote.
If you’re having WiFi issues and prefer a wired solution, connecting your LG TV to the router with an Ethernet cable is a great option. Because not every television has a LAN port, double-check the back of your TV before purchasing an Ethernet cable.
If your TV supports an Ethernet cable, connect one end to the back of your television and the other to the back of your router. If your LG Smart TV does not connect to the internet immediately, try unplugging it from the wall for about a minute before plugging it back in.
That will refresh the connection, and everything should be fine now. To test this, download any application from the LG Content Store; you’ll quickly know whether or not you’re connected to the internet.
If your LG Smart TV isn’t detecting a wireless network or frequently loses its connection, the issue could be that it isn’t correctly connected to your network. Here are a few steps to fix it
A restart will refresh your smart TV’s settings without erasing any data. Unplug your LG Smart TV, wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect it.
Unplug your WiFi router, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Check Your WiFi Connection
Check your television’s location settings. If set to Set Automatically, it may prevent your TV from connecting to WiFi. Try these steps to update your location:
- Press the Home button on your remote and navigate to All Settings > General > Location > LG Service Country.
- Choose a country at random from the list.
- Your smart television will be reset.
- Repeat the following steps: Select All Settings > General > Location > LG Service Country, and this time, choose your current country.
- When your smart TV restarts, return to the location and select Set Automatically.
For proper working of your LG smart TV, connect it to a stable WiFi network. However, some users have reported that their LG TV cannot connect to WiFi. Hopefully, these solutions will assist you in resolving the LG TV WiFi turned-off issue on your LG smart TV.
A seasoned voice in technology, Muhammad Arsalan brings over five years of expertise. His deep-rooted passion for innovation and tech trends is evident in his comprehensive insights and analyses, which have carved a niche in the digital sphere. Arsalan’s contributions span various platforms, but his primary domain remains his website, where he delves into the intricacies of technological advancements, offering his readers an informative and forward-thinking perspective. With a flair for breaking down complex concepts into digestible content, Muhammad Arsalan remains a go-to figure for those keen on staying up-to-date with the ever-evolving world of technology.